1874 Clapp and Jones

Woodland Fire Department

The beautifully restored Clapp and Jones engine pictured below was purchased new from the manufacturer by the Woodland Fire Department in Woodland, California in 1876. Though removed from first line service in 1892, it came out of reserve for a major fire, it's last, in 1937.

The engine is still in the possession of the Woodland Fire Department, and delights people throughout California and Nevada with pumping demonstrations at musters and special celebrations.

Return to existing Clapp and Jones engine list